This simple avocado dressing makes a great accompaniment to your favourite fish or poultry dish. Serve it as a garnish on salads, or simply enjoy as a side dish with good quality corn chips. Give this simple recipe a try and let us know what you think.
- 1 medium, ripe avocado
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Salt/Black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of your favourite fresh herbs like cilantro, chives or parsley
- Peel and stone the avocado and chop the flesh.
- Place the avocado, vinegars, lemon juice, oil, and garlic in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the salt to taste and mix well to incorporate.
- Place this mixture in a medium glass and gentle fold in the fresh herbs, if using.
- This dressing is wonderful on a green salad, over chilled pasta, or as a fresh dressing for a potato salad.