This recipe is one of my favourite ways to eat pasta. It’s the perfect Sunday lunch. Served with a nice fresh garden salad drizzled with plenty of olive oil and a good quality balsamic vinegar, this is living.
- 500 g button mushrooms
- 1 onions
- 2 garlic clove
- 880 g diced tomato
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 to taste salt
- 1 to taste pepper
- 500 g fresh fettuccine
- Heat the oil, and cook the onion and garlic until golden.
- Add the tomatoes and mushrooms, and bring to the boil. reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Cook the fettuccine in a large pan of water, with a splash of olive oil in it.
- Stir the parsley into the sauce, and season with salt & pepper. Toss the sauce through the pasta.