Country pea soup is a Saturday favourite at my house. Served with some good quality bread drizzled with olive oil, it makes for a great Saturday afternoon lunch or a late evening snack. I find that it freezes well and is handy to have around.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 potato (about 125 grams) chopped
- 250 grams fresh peas
- 300 ml god quality chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and sauté the onion until translucent
- Add the potato, peas, stock, mint and the salt. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Process the soup in a blender or food processor to puree.
- Reheat and serve with garnish of choice, dollop of sour cream, and some good quality bread.